item6

Teaching you to embrace today while making yourself a millionaire!

I wish I would have understood how easy it is to become a millionaire by starting to save small amounts of money when I was younger...

I feel compelled to share the simple concepts you can apply today....

logo

31 December 2008

End of Year Thoughts........

As I look back on 2008 - it has been a year of extreme highs and extreme lows. The common theme has been growth through my experiences.

My year started by pulling my back and waking up on January 1st - in pain......my sister had a major relationship break up and was pretty distraught - and my cube mate was in a funk because all her friends were getting married and talking about kids - (not her goal for now). We all needed a change so -- my brilliant idea -- start the new year over in Hong Kong for Chinese New Year in February. We found a very inexpensive package and the three of us flew half way around the world for 5 days to bring in the New Year again!

This was a pinnacle point for all of us. For me it cleared my mind and was the beginning of Generation Millionaire and making major life changes and taking risks. For my sister - it was a moment of taking control of her life and moving forward instead of dwelling on what she missed - by walking away from the situation - it provided space for both of them. It gave her strength and it gave him the space to miss her. Long story short they are now living in Virginia and very happy, for my cube mate - it opened up a whole new world for her. It was her first international trip and she is a changed person. The experience opened her eyes and mind. She has found a new group of friends that are more in line with her goals and is dating a guy who lives in Germany! They skype every week and meet in exciting new places.

By not getting stuck and being open to starting our new year over - we created fun out of a low energy situation and turned it into opportunity for all three of us. Turn the stories off in your head and do something for yourself.

My cousin (who is more like a sister to me) had a very difficult year - her husband (age 52) died in March and her only son was killed in an automobile/motorcycle accident in June. The enormity of this crisis can never be explained - but her will to go on is inspiring. She is very sad but keeps finding projects that help others - it will be a long road for her and us, but I can see significant changes in her choices and what is important (not sweating the small stuff) and think down the road she will be taking that grief and sharing with others- maybe speaking at High Schools or writing a book.

This experience was a turning point for me. I reevaluated many choices in my life and realized I needed to realign where my time and energy was going. I was in a job that had wonderful benefits and paid well but was not fulfilling - it was draining me - I would come home and watch TV, not participate much in outside activities and was kinda edgy with my husband and parents. I kept staying in the job because it provided financial security but I realized that was all. In the mean time, I saw Marcus Buckingham on Oprah and he was talking about finding your passion - and at the same time I was in a book group reading "A New Earth" from Eckhart Tolle. The country went into financial crisis and my son called and requested I speak at his Fraternity. They wanted to understand the basics of money and what to do. At this point it was decided that my new path was going to be public speaking to any young person that would listen. So spread the word -

Life is made up of choices - are you happy with yours???

Stay tuned............

No comments:

site design: www.brianmedia.net

CONTACT

ARCHIVE