item6

Teaching you to embrace today while making yourself a millionaire!

I wish I would have understood how easy it is to become a millionaire by starting to save small amounts of money when I was younger...

I feel compelled to share the simple concepts you can apply today....

logo

22 September 2009

Tuesday's Tips

Goooooooooood morning millionaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaires! I hope you're all feeling as great as I am this morning. And just why am I feeling so great? Well, I'm going on a 10 day beach vacation starting this upcoming Saturday and I am pumped up about it. I haven't taken a vacation in a while, so it'll be time for some well deserved R&R. Because of said trip I'm going to give some tips on vacationing that I've picked up over the years.

1) Get a list together for any and all needs. This includes everything from clothing and toiletries to snacks and bug spray. Write it all out on paper a week or two in advance, or even a month if you're motivated, and go through it item by item. If you do this it will eliminate the possibility of forgetting things (provided that you've packed them all). This is especially crucial when camping or even going to another country. Since I'm going to the beach I know there will be a grocery store nearby, but if I was going to Mexico I might not be so sure. Go through and check things off as you purchase them, and then cross them off once they're packed. It's a simple system and by doing so you can ensure not forgetting major items (like shoes or money).

2) Pack snacks. It's a short rhyming phrase so it should be easy to remember. My family always packed some fruit or granola bars, cheese and crackers, and maybe even some gummy snacks. Doing this will eliminate needing to stop for food throughout the day. This is crucial when you're sightseeing or at museums all day. I'd hate to cut short a trip to the Louvre because I was really hungry. Throw some snacks in a backpack and have one in between meals. It'll give you a boost in energy and hold you over until the next meal.

3) Set a budget. I know this can be difficult, especially because vacationing can be a time to let loose and live a little (like that alliteration?), but try anyway. Write out on paper how much you want to spend on food, entertainment, and souvenirs. If you already have certain activities planned include that amount in the budgeting. If you decide to have one nice evening out for dinner include that. Stick to the budget, even if you have to get travelers checks and use only those. If you decide to spend a little more on a dinner maybe you sacrifice the t-shirt you were planning on buying. Get creative and try to find some low budget or free activities that will allow you to stretch the budget. In the words of Tim Gunn, "Make it work."

Next week I will be on vacation, so I'll have someone fill in for me. My next post will be on how well my girlfriend and I did sticking to today's tips. And as always post a comment with some tips you have for vacations and trips. The more we share the more we know.

I'm on a 336 hour break, so until then Stay Tuned...

No comments:

site design: www.brianmedia.net

CONTACT

ARCHIVE