item6

Teaching you to embrace today while making yourself a millionaire!

I wish I would have understood how easy it is to become a millionaire by starting to save small amounts of money when I was younger...

I feel compelled to share the simple concepts you can apply today....

logo

17 November 2009

Tuesday's Tips

Good afternoon millionaires. I am writing today about a bunch of random thoughts that popped into my head while I was sitting at work today.

1) Check for coupons and sales on your favorite items. This can work very well if your favorite food or items are non perishable. Say you just love Cheese-Its, but you can't afford them every week. Well if you watch for a sale and for coupons you can combine the two into a great savings and get more boxes at once. Then you just stock your pantry and you don't have to worry about spending tons on them, or buying them for a while. I recently did this with corned beef (I LOVE Reuben's) and purchased a bunch when it was half off at the deli. I even purchased enough to make a Reuben pizza (totally delicious) so that's a huge win in my book. The savings are so yummy.

2) Donate something. The holiday season is upon us, and it truly is time to reflect on all we have to be thankful for. But those things we have, and might take for granted, other people can only dream of. Donate some time, money, a gift, etc. this season to help others. It is very easy to get caught up in our own lives and troubles that we forget to reflect and help those around us. The active chapter of my fraternity are holding a toy drive, for the Shriner's Hospital, at a local Wal-Mart this year, so I'm going to buy a toy to donate, and then help them run the booth outside. I encourage everyone else to find something that they are passionate about, and then find a way to donate in some facet, to that cause.

3) Celebrate the season! I am one of those people who typically gets annoyed that people are putting up Christmas displays in October, in spite of the fact that Halloween and Thanksgiving haven't happened yet. The commercialization is nauseating to me. That said, I realized that I was grumbling about it every time I went to the store, and that's not who I want to be. So I changed my tune and I just smile when I see the decorations and hear the music. I spent way too much time being negative about the decorations, and now I just go with it. It may not be the best solution, but I am a lot happier when I go out because I decided to go along with the celebration. So everyone celebrate, and spread the good cheer.

I've got to get back to work, but it'll just be another 168 hours and then I'm back.

Until then Stay Tuned...

No comments:

site design: www.brianmedia.net

CONTACT

ARCHIVE